If we harness the power of 58,000 people in the MN Vaccine Hunters group to thank healthcare and education workers between now and Valentine’s Day, the impact cannot help but be felt. Join us in this effort.
We would like to harness the power of the Vaccine Hunters group to reach out between now and Valentine’s Day, to thank healthcare and education workers for all they have given during these unprecedented times. Since are group resides throughout the entire state, we are asking you to organize locally, and reach out to the doctors, teachers, hospitals, clinics, and schools that have served you. Please make sure your efforts do not risk transmitting covid or further tax the healthcare and education systems in any way.
Do Something on Your Own
Don’t have much time, just write a note to your physician or teacher. 58,000 people writing notes will be felt!
Organize with Friends and Neighbors
Some in the metro have organized within local Buy Nothing groups, other community groups on facebook, local churches, local choirs, and PTOs. Some have taken on efforts on their own or just with close friends. If you take on a project, we are asking you to find the group of people to help you on your own. You can register your event with us to avoid duplication and to let others know if you would welcome their help. We would like to avoid dozens of posts in the group seeking help, but if you need help, you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and we could do one post with several efforts that are in need of help.
Register Your Effort
If you are organizing for a larger effort with a school, clinic, or hospital, please consider including your effort on our list to avoid duplication.
Find a Group to Assist
The list of groups registered with us is listed here, by city. We are not vetting the organizers, so if you are contributing financially to a group, you are doing this at your own risk. This is why we are encouraging organizing within friend, neighbor, and community groups.
What Can You Do?
- Encourage someone to get vaccinated or boosted. Across the board when we ask how we can thank healthcare workers they respond with, “Get vaccinated, and help everyone you know to get vaccinated.” Maybe that someone that needs a vaccine is you, maybe you haven’t gotten your booster yet and have been meaning to. Maybe there is still a friend or family member that you can gently encourage.
- Write a thank you note to your family’s physicians and their staff.
- Write a thank you note to the hospital staff that have served your loved one.
- Write a thank you note to your child’s teachers and related staff.
- Adopt a hospital, or a hospital department like the ER or ICU, or other floor or department of significance to your family. We can’t walk into hospitals today due to covid, so this will work best if you know someone that works in the hospital and would be willing to make a couple deliveries before they start a shift. Consider making sure there’s something for overnight staff that sometimes are left out.
- Adopt a school. Talk with your child’s school. At our local school, every staff person has a box making it easy to deliver hand written notes and small gifts, and their front office staff are always thrilled to help.
- Other ideas we should have on this list? Email us at email@example.com.
If writing notes to healthcare workers, please let them know you and your family members are vaccinated, and other steps you are taking to stop the spread of covid.